The SIGLENT SSA3000X and SVA1015X products are based on a similar swept superheterodyne spectrum analyzer platform and have very similar starting prices. There are quite a few similarities, but also a few differences that could affect the end results for particular applications.
The table below compares the major specifications and the comparable options as they pertain to specific applications like VSWR.
|Spec An Frequency Range||9 kHz – 2.1 GHz (3.2 GHz model available)||9 kHz – 1.5 GHz|
|DANL||-161 dBm/Hz||-156 dBm/Hz|
|Min RBW||1 Hz||1 Hz|
|Total Amplitude Accuracy||+/- 0.7 dB||+/- 1.2 dB|
|Tracking Generator and Frequency Range||100 kHz – Max Frequency||5 MHz – Max Frequency|
|Demodulation||AM/FM demod with audio output (Free)||AM/FM demod with audio output (Free)|
|EMI Measurements||Option EMI-SSA3000X (FCC RBWs, QP detector, -6 dB EMI filter)||Option SVA1000X-EMI (FCC RBWs, QP detector, -6 dB EMI filter)|
|Broadcast Measurements||Option AMK-SSA3000X (Channel power, Adjacent channel power ratio, Time domain power, Occupied bandwidth, Third-order intercept, Spectrum monitor)||Option SVA1000X-AMK (Channel power, Adjacent channel power ratio, Time domain power, Occupied bandwidth, Third-order intercept, Spectrum monitor)|
|VSWR/Return Loss Measurement||Option Refl-SSA3000X (Includes on-screen return loss, reflection coefficient, and VSWR measurements displayed)
NOTE: Requires return loss bridge hardware*
Currently has a 100 Hz minimum span
|Option SVA1000X-VNA (On screen S11 with SWR graph)
NOTE: Currently has a 5 MHz minimum span
|Option RBSSA3000X (Includes on-screen VSWR measurement AND return loss bridge hardware)|
*Compatible with many commercially available return loss bridges/directional couplers
Additional SVA Features and Options
Still having trouble choosing?
Here are some additional features and options that are exclusive to the SVA platform that may help:
- Touch screen control with shortcut widget
- Mouse/Keyboard support
- Easy web browser web control
- Power-On-Line – Instrument will automatically restart when power is restored to the mains power connection (power cord) when this feature is enabled.
- Vector Network Analyzer (SVA1000X-SVA) adds S11 and S21 measurement capability with linear/log graphing, Smith, and polar charting of complex impedance and more
- Distance-to-fault option (SVA1000X-DTF) ideal for fault and degradation testing cable assemblies
- AM/FM modulation analysis (SVA1000X-AMA) enables visualization of data encoded using AM/FM
- Digital modulation analysis (SVA1000X-DMA) enables visualization of data encoded using FSK/ASK
- Mechanical calibration kit for VNA (F503ME)
If you have additional questions, you can always contact our applications team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.